Watering Restrictions Set to Change
Hillsborough County is part of the Southwest Florida Water Management District, which has jurisdiction over lawn maintenance and efficient water usage for Tampa’s lawn care. These restrictions stipulate the time of day watering may occur, the amount of water used, and which days residential and business locations are able to water their lawns and foliage. For those counties falling outside the Southwest Florida Water Management District, consult your district’s regulations, which may vary slightly from those stated below. Keep in mind that pest and lawn care by Apex Pest Control will not be compromised by these regulations.
- Established lawns may be watered a maximum of twice per week. Addresses ending in an even number water on Thursday and Sunday between 4 pm and 10 am. Odd-numbered addresses water on Wednesday and Saturday between 4 pm and 10 am.
- Hand watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- New lawns and foliage face fewer restrictions to promote proper development. Watering is allowed any time on the day of planting, and watering is permitted between 4 pm and 10 am on any day for the first thirty days. The second thirty days watering is permissible three days per week: even numbers on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays while odd numbers water on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
- Reclaimed water is subject to voluntary watering days and hours.
- Fountains, car washing, and pressure washing are permitted at any time.
- All water usage is to be completed as efficiently as possible. Use shutoff nozzles when hand spraying the lawn or washing vehicles, and comply with local laws prohibiting the wasteful use of water.
- Lawn spraying for fungus, weeds, or general maintenance may be carried through without restriction. Follow the guidelines from your local lawn care professionals.
Apex Pest Control complies with all watering restrictions throughout the State of Florida. Contact one of their knowledgeable representatives at (866) 675-4070 for information pertaining to Tampa lawn care, water conservation, and pest control. Read our past blogs to learn how to properly maintain your lawn and keep it looking its best.