Orlando Pest Control, Termite Control & Lawn Care
Apex Pest Control is one of the most trusted pest control companies in the state of Florida. Apex Pest Control is proud to consistently find the perfect balance between protecting homes, landscapes, and businesses from harmful and unwanted plants, insects, and animals, while maintaining the ecosystem of the community.
A family-owned business since 1985, Apex prides itself on a reputation for high-quality and professional service. When it comes to unwanted invaders, Apex Pest Control is a reliable company that gets the job done safely and efficiently. Each staff member is registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service. Our employees are experienced and trained to handle any potential pest problem that comes with protecting your home. Pest control is an ever-changing industry, and our team at Apex continues to receive certifications in a variety of areas related to pest control. Our focus on continuing education displays our ability to thrive in an evolving market.
Orlando Pest Control
Though the beautiful weather makes Florida one of the best places to live, Orlando’s humidity is also welcoming to bed bugs, cockroaches, and other unwanted pests that can invade your home at any time.
- Rats and Other Critters: Unlike other parts of Florida, Orlando faces large numbers of rats coming in, especially in Downtown Orlando. These rodents are more apparent on colder days. Other critters, such as raccoons, are also problematic in areas with wetlands.
- Roaches: German cockroaches and other domestic roaches are a big issue in Orlando, which require professional treatment. A roach infestation starts in the dark, warm areas of your home. By the time you see one, they’re probably well established.
- Ants: White-footed ants populate the area and love to live in shrubbery. The biggest misunderstanding most homeowners have when treating ant problems is that they only need to focus on the ants they see. If not treated regularly, you won’t be able to win the war.
- Bees, Hornets, Wasps: Yellow Jackets, European Hornets, honeybees and many other stinging insects call Orlando and the surrounding area home. While they generally keep to themselves, nests can grow into huge populations that can reach up to 10,000 individuals, and they will become aggressive if they believe you’re infringing on their territory. It’s best to safely remove these insects, especially honeybees, as quickly as possible.
- Termites: Termites affect buildings throughout Florida, and due to the consistent warm temperatures here, termites are active much earlier in the year than in other locations. From subterranean termites to drywood termites, an infestation can quickly deteriorate your property.
- Fleas: Warm, humid temperatures cause flea populations to explode throughout Central Florida, spelling trouble for your cats, dogs and other furry friends. If not handled appropriately, fleas can quickly overtake your home.
- Bats: Bats are diligent insectivores that demolish harmful insect populations for the better, but a colony can spell trouble for your home. Rather than kill these animals that mean you no harm, trust Apex Pest Control — we use ethical removal methods that encourage bats to leave on their own.
As a homeowner, you should know that over-the-counter treatments and bombs are not effective in clearing pest infestations. They are, at best, a stopgap measure that may slow an infestation but will rarely stop it altogether. You should also know that if such chemicals are used improperly, they can actually pose health hazards to you and your family. Ridding your home of a pest infestation is a job better left to our Orlando pest control professionals.
Apex Pest Control has been working to help homeowners protect their homes and families since 1985, serving Central Florida with the most thorough pest control and removal services possible. We offer top-to-bottom, no-obligation inspections of your property, conducted by highly trained professionals who also understand the concerns and fears of people responding to the possibility of pests invading their living spaces. We can eliminate your infestation quickly and efficiently with our pest control services in Orlando.
Our personable, expert technicians are equipped with the most up-to-date knowledge and techniques for comprehensive Orlando pest control services. We are dedicated to keeping you and your family safe and happy, and we don’t compromise on that claim. No matter the pest problem, the Apex Pest Control professionals can help. Contact our Customer Care Representatives to set up an appointment for your free inspection. We can also set up a specific treatment plan and protection program, designed specifically for your unique pest situation.
Rodent Pest Control In Orlando, FL
Wild rats and mice may be cute in the eyes of some, but we see them for what they are: invasive pests that have no business living inside the confines of your home under any circumstances.
While size might be the most recognizable difference between mice and rats, they’re actually unique in how they act and behave. Subspecies of rats and mice will also infest homes differently — some might be bold in how they spread and nest, while others could be more reserved. It requires a dedicated, focused plan of action to eliminate these little intruders from destroying your belongings, infiltrating your food supply and exposing your family to potentially dangerous diseases.
We offer various chemical treatments and traps to get rid of your rodent problem, and our inspection will also snuff out their entry points and seal them off for good. It doesn’t matter if you reside in downtown Orlando or on the outskirts of the city, Apex offers the rodent pest control you need to return your building to normal.
Orlando Termite Control
Termites cause damage to homes all across the country, and Florida is no exception. In fact, the Sunshine State is particularly prone to massive termite colonies that can severely damage homes, as they thrive in warm, humid climates like those in Orlando. Homeowners dread the discovery of termites near or in their homes, and for good reason; the tiny insects can cause major problems in a limited amount of time. These kinds of situations are why it’s important you contact an expert from Apex Pest Control to perform termite control at the first sign of a termite problem.
For termites, swarm season comes much earlier in South Florida. North Florida experiences swarm season later than Orlando, which can experience them from late winter through the fall, depending on the species. There can even be infestations of multiple species of termites at the same time — which surely requires the help of a professional to ensure all termites are eradicated.
- Drywood Termites: Formosan termites are not as prevalent in Central Florida as they are in South Florida. However, drywood termites infest older homes in areas like Downtown Orlando and Winter Park. Homes near old oak trees and those that date back to the 20s have major drywood termite issues.
It’s also important that homeowners understand that in Florida, there are three main types of termites: Eastern Subterranean, Drywood, and Formosan, each is different from the others though all are destructive in their own way.
- Eastern Subterranean termites are pests to watch out for. If disturbed, they will often leave an infestation site and take up residence in a new location, causing more damage to another part of your house. They can create huge nests, containing millions of members. They are also known for chewing through electrical cabling, causing power failures and fire hazards. For these reasons, if you see them, it’s critical that you don’t disturb them. Instead, call the Orlando termite control experts at Apex Pest Control. We’ll send someone out to take care of your termite problem right away.
- Drywood termites, as their name implies, tend to show up in wood that has been dried, such as timbers or furniture. Since they prefer dried wood, they can be easily transported into homes, and because they stay hidden inside wood, they tend to go undiscovered until they’ve ruined whatever wooden object they’re occupying.
- Formosan termites are another kind of subterranean termite. These creatures are just as bad as their Eastern-variety cousins. Formosan termites are now the most common kind of termite found in the United States and collectively cause billions of dollars of damage each year.
Fortunately, all it takes for homeowners to spot termite infestations is a little education. Telltale signs of termites include discarded wings, droppings, mud tubes, and weakening or bubbling wood surfaces.
Over-the-counter pest control solutions won’t do anything to deter termites from invading your home. They may kill some of the more obvious insects, but they won’t stop an infestation, as they’re incredibly durable insects that reproduce quickly. Our professionals have the knowledge and experience to blend pest control treatments that specifically target your home’s unique needs. We can provide you with safe, effective treatment so you can rest assured that your home and family are protected.
If the problems have exceeded localized methods or if treatments can’t reach certain populations, then we will move on to full fumigation and tenting services. While generally reserved for invasive drywood termites, tenting is an incredibly effective method of pest removal in other situations as well.
Our experts, who are fully certified and trained, will set up a series of tents and tarps around your property, and then they will pump in powerful chemicals. The potent fumigant will reach into crevices and voids that other methods cannot, and it will gradually suffocate the termites.
We will monitor the fumigation levels carefully so they do not reach unsafe levels. Once the amount is correct to eliminate the termites, we will remove the tenting and then begin the aeration process to cleanse your house of any lingering residue.
Our professionals handle this entire process with the necessary precision and expertise. When it comes to termite fumigation services in Orlando, you’ll find none better than Apex Pest Control.
Bed Bug Control In Orlando, FL
If you’ve woken up with itchy red bumps throughout your body, it’s probably not the quality of your sheets. Bed bugs are nasty insects that are incredibly difficult to eliminate, but you need swift action to keep your home from getting overwhelmed.
Bed bugs can travel easily from location to location, but we can treat your home with specialized chemicals to stymie their population. As long as you can wash your applicable items in hot water, our bed bug exterminators in Orlando can eliminate bed bugs from your home.
Orlando Lawn Care
Just because we live in the Sunshine State doesn’t mean that lawns here will naturally grow beautiful. For lawn care, there are two different applications that are used that are different from South Florida due to the colder weather.
- Shrubbery: Shrubbery must be consistently treated around the house in order prevent white-footed ants from dominating your lawn and home. Not only ants, but other pests and plant diseases enjoy the warm weather just as much as, if not more, than you do.
We know problems can arise at any time, so all of our technicians are always prepared to help you. To make sure things get efficiently done, you will receive the same technician from when you schedule service until the job is done, so you get a reliable expert that makes your lawn the best it can be.
Our Orlando Office Service Area
- Altamonte Springs
- Bay Hill
- Dr. Phillips
- Lake County
- Lake Mary
- Lake Nona
- Orange County
- Osceola County
- Seminole County
- Winter Garden
- Winter Park
Apex serves the Orlando area and surrounding areas with a variety of services including pest control, termite control, lawn care, and commercial services. Furthermore, we offer a no-charge visit to your home to perform a complete analysis and ensure pest removal. Apex also reduces the trouble of many visits and consultations with a prevention program.
Apex Pest Control has built its reputation on great customer service and dedication to client satisfaction with many of our new customers coming from client referrals. We offer free quotes and estimates, so get a quote today, or call us at 866-675-4070. We look forward to helping you protect your home.