Miami-Dade/Broward County Pest Control, Termite Control and Lawn Care
Apex Pest Control takes serving Miami-Dade/Broward County customers seriously. Invasive insects, arachnids, or rodents are aggravating and often unsanitary. The Apex team specializes in pest control services, such as removing these pests and more from your premises to keep your lawn, home, business, and pool areas healthy and clean. Apex is also a leader in lawn care because as Floridians ourselves, we know everything there is to know about getting and maintaining a healthy Florida lawn.
Residential Pest Control Services From A Team Of Licensed Technicians
At Apex Pest Control, our team of technicians shares hundreds of years of combined experience in the pest control industry. All of our technicians are certified, licensed, and registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service. Each one is expertly trained and continues to take part in ongoing learning to exceed industry standards.
When you work with us, you can expect high quality and reliable services. We will treat your home as if it were ours and keep it free from harmful pests.
Pest Control Services
While the year-round beautiful weather in Miami-Dade/Broward County makes this area the envy of the nation, pests love this part of the country, too. Here are some of the pests that plague the Miami-Dade/Broward County area.
- Ants: Ants pose a major problem to this area in Florida because of their sheer numbers and their ability to spread over large geographical areas. Once you suspect you have an ant problem, usually because you’ve seen them, the situation is already out of hand as the ones you don’t see can range in the thousands. Even if you think you can manage the ants on your own, you are really just displacing them as the colony continues to thrive.
- Rodents: Port cities are also an attraction for rodents as boats tend to bring these creatures in. Additionally, historical homes are rather common in this area which offer yet another draw for rodents. Signs of a rodent infestation include:
- Chewed holes in walls and floorboards
- Chewed food
- Scattered droppings or urine stains (and the unpleasant associated odors)
- Noises inside of walls, crawl spaces, or attics
Termites can infest a home and quietly cause thousands of dollars in damage before you even know they are there. At Apex, our state-certified termite control specialists use the latest technology, products, and methods to successfully treat brick, block, frame, and metal structures throughout Florida. In Miami-Dade/Broward County, both drywood and subterranean termites are found here, with the swarm season typically beginning in February.
Here are four signs you might see that signify you may have a termite problem:
- Hollow-sounding wood
- Groups of winged insects or discarded wings
- Cracked or distorted paint on wood surfaces
- Mud tubes on exterior walls
Apex Pest Control understands the damage termites cause in Florida. The damage homeowners find that points to termite infestation are similar to seeing only the tip of an iceberg bobbing in the sea; the portion they do not see is far larger and much more severe. The company to call before the first sign of damage is Apex Pest Control.
Homes and businesses will both benefit from a termite inspection by the state-certified termite control specialists at Apex. Our team can determine whether any damage exists, what species of termite or termites caused the damage, and the ultimate form of termite treatment to prevent further destruction.
Common types of wood-eating pests include:
- Subterranean termite: The subterranean termite, which is one of the most destructive pests, typically feasts on brush, dead trees, and timber. They form colonies made up of hundreds of thousands of termites and can cause extensive damage if they take up residence in your home.
- Drywood termite: Drywood termites make their homes above ground level. While their colonies are smaller — with most having less than 1,000 termites — they can be hidden and widely dispersed in your home.
- Powderpost beetle: The powderpost beetle, while not technically a true termite, is a type of wood-eating pest that can cause damage to everything from your softwood to your flooring.
- Formosan termites: Formosan termites can be found in heavy concentrations in Florida. Just like the other types of termites, they can be hard to discover because their colonies can be found 300 feet down in the soil.
Once, we’ve determined the type of termites you’re dealing with, we’ll create a treatment plan to eradicate them. Apex uses the highest quality insecticides available to protect your home or business from termite damage, and our team will work with you to create a termite control program that suits your needs as well as your schedule. We offer products such as Termidor® and Bora-Care® to keep your home safe and termite-free. We typically start our termite treatments outdoors with liquid applications and then perform termite tenting if necessary.
It should be no surprise, given how much of a nuisance they are in other parts of the state, that most exterminators consider the Miami area to be one of the worst in the United States for mosquito populations.
These nasty bloodsuckers thrive in wet and humid climates. As a result, they can flourish throughout Dade and Broward counties for most of the year due to how much rainfall we see: an average of 60 inches, which is well above the national average of 39.
Our vibrant and active community finds itself at a near-constant risk of bites nearly everywhere anyone goes, and those bites can possibly come with severe consequences due to how frequently mosquitoes carry deadly diseases like Malaria and Dengue Fever.
If you suspect that your home or business sits near a prosperous breeding ground that attracts hundreds of these pests, Apex Pest Control Inc™ offers professional mosquito control services in Miami. We’ve left behind common ineffective methods like insecticides and torches to adopt more sophisticated technology and techniques that deliver results immediately.
Enter the In2Care mosquito trap, which turns a mosquito’s natural tendencies against it to completely eliminate the pest’s presence from the area. The trap sits in a hot spot and remains filled with water, a mosquito’s first preference for laying eggs. Once they enter, they’ll land on a chemically coated gauze near the water to lay their eggs.
They’re unaware of the fact that they just coated themselves in a deadly powder that serves two purposes: To transfer an inhibiting fungus to the mother and a larvicide to its offspring.
The larvicide also sits in the water, and it will remain inert until the larvae release a signal to other mosquitoes, which beckons them to the site. Before they pupate, the larvae will die and sink to the bottom, thus allowing the process to repeat over and over. Meanwhile, the infected mother will carry the powder around to other sites, infecting the entire water supply and any other mosquitoes that decided to land there.
These traps, which are more eco-friendly and more efficient than harsh insecticides, can cover an area of 4,300 square feet to get rid of your mosquito problem.
Perhaps one of the most prized possessions for homeowners is their lawn. Nothing could be worse than weeds sprouting up or brown patches staining the beautiful green grass. If your lawn needs extra attention, it’s best to seek professional help. Fortunately, Apex Pest Control is here to provide the Miami-Dade/Broward County area with expert lawn care service. Here are some common lawn destroyers that plague the area.
- Sod Webworms: Individual blades begin to take on a ragged appearance, indicating that you might have a sod webworm problem. These brown patches of damaged grass can become larger and larger as the caterpillars spread out, looking for more food. It can quickly become out of control, and a professional lawn care expert is the only one who can handle this problem.
- Fungus: The signs of a fungus problem are varied and the cause is generally too much water. Sometimes you may notice a few spots on individual blades of grass or leaves, or there may be random patches of dull brown or gray scattered over areas of the lawn.
At Apex, we care about our customers and their satisfaction. We pride ourselves on keeping your grass healthy, beautiful, and free of weeds and damaging insects. Schedule service today with the friendly professionals at Apex Pest Control.
Our Miami-Dade/Broward County Office Service Area
At Apex Pest Control, we are proud to say that we exclusively serve Florida from coast to coast. We understand the kinds of pests that commonly infest homes and commercial buildings in the area, and we know how to sustainably and safely eradicate them.
We serve the following areas and nearby counties:
- Boynton Beach
- Broward County
- Dade County
- Ft. Lauderdale
Apex Pest Control enjoys serving Miami-Dade/Broward County citizens with a variety of services including pest control, termite control, and lawn care.
Apex Pest Control has built its reputation on great customer service and dedication to client satisfaction with many of our new customers coming from client referrals. We offer free quotes and estimates, so get a quote, or call our representatives at 866-675-4070. We look forward to helping you protect your home.
Contact Us For A Pest Control Quote In Miami
From the moment you contact Apex Pest Control, you’ll receive personal and professional services. We make experiencing a pest-free home quick and easy — in just one call you can schedule your first service. Give us a call at 1-866-675-4070 to get started!
You can also receive a quote by filling out our contact form. One of our technicians will get back to you normally within 24 hours.
Pest management issues need to be taken care of quickly. Insects or small critters can quickly take over your home and cause serious damage to your belongings and property. That’s why we deliver fast quotes and same-day inspections.
For all your pest control needs in Miami, contact us today. We look forward to partnering with you and delivering services you can count on.