Miami-Dade/Broward County Pest Control, Termite Control and Lawn Care
Apex Pest Control takes serving Miami-Dade/Broward County customers seriously. Invasive insects, arachnids, or rodents are aggravating and often unsanitary. The Apex team specializes in pest control services, such as removing these pests and more from your premises to keep your lawn, home, business, and pool areas healthy and clean. Apex is also a leader in lawn care because as Floridians ourselves, we know everything there is to know about getting and maintaining a healthy Florida lawn.
While the year-round beautiful weather in Miami-Dade/Broward County makes this area the envy of the nation, pests love this part of the country, too. Here are some of the pests that plague the Miami-Dade/Broward County area.
- Ants: Ants pose a major problem to this area in Florida because of their sheer numbers and their ability to spread over large geographical areas. Once you suspect you have an ant problem, usually because you’ve seen them, the situation is already out of hand as the ones you don’t see can range in the thousands. Even if you think you can manage the ants on your own, you are really just displacing them as the colony continues to thrive.
- Rodents: Port cities are also an attraction for rodents as boats tend to bring these creatures in. Additionally, historical homes are rather common in this area which offer yet another draw for rodents. Signs of a rodent infestation include:
- Chewed holes in walls and floorboards
- Chewed food
- Scattered droppings or urine stains (and the unpleasant associated odors)
- Noises inside of walls, crawl spaces, or attics
Termites can infest a home and quietly cause thousands of dollars in damage before you even know they are there. At Apex, our state-certified termite control specialists use the latest technology, products, and methods to successfully treat brick, block, frame, and metal structures throughout Florida. In Miami-Dade/Broward County, both drywood and subterranean termites are found here, with the swarm season typically beginning in February.
Here are four signs you might see that signify you may have a termite problem:
- Hollow-sounding wood
- Groups of winged insects or discarded wings
- Cracked or distorted paint on wood surfaces
- Mud tubes on exterior walls
It should be no surprise, given how much of a nuisance they are in other parts of the state, that most exterminators consider the Miami area to be one of the worst in the United States for mosquito populations.
These nasty bloodsuckers thrive in wet and humid climates. As a result, they can flourish throughout Dade and Broward counties for most of the year due to how much rainfall we see: an average of 60 inches, which is well above the national average of 39.
Our vibrant and active community finds itself at a near-constant risk of bites nearly everywhere anyone goes, and those bites can possibly come with severe consequences due to how frequently mosquitoes carry deadly diseases like Malaria and Dengue Fever.
If you suspect that your home or business sits near a prosperous breeding ground that attracts hundreds of these pests, Apex Pest Control Inc™ offers professional mosquito control services in Miami. We’ve left behind common ineffective methods like insecticides and torches to adopt more sophisticated technology and techniques that deliver results immediately.
Enter the In2Care mosquito trap, which turns a mosquito’s natural tendencies against it to completely eliminate the pest’s presence from the area. The trap sits in a hot spot and remains filled with water, a mosquito’s first preference for laying eggs. Once they enter, they’ll land on a chemically coated gauze near the water to lay their eggs.
They’re unaware of the fact that they just coated themselves in a deadly powder that serves two purposes: To transfer an inhibiting fungus to the mother and a larvicide to its offspring.
The larvicide also sits in the water, and it will remain inert until the larvae release a signal to other mosquitoes, which beckons them to the site. Before they pupate, the larvae will die and sink to the bottom, thus allowing the process to repeat over and over. Meanwhile, the infected mother will carry the powder around to other sites, infecting the entire water supply and any other mosquitoes that decided to land there.
These traps, which are more eco-friendly and more efficient than harsh insecticides, can cover an area of 4,300 square feet to get rid of your mosquito problem.
Perhaps one of the most prized possessions for homeowners is their lawn. Nothing could be worse than weeds sprouting up or brown patches staining the beautiful green grass. If your lawn needs extra attention, it’s best to seek professional help. Fortunately, Apex Pest Control is here to provide the Miami-Dade/Broward County area with expert lawn care service. Here are some common lawn destroyers that plague the area.
- Sod Webworms: Individual blades begin to take on a ragged appearance, indicating that you might have a sod webworm problem. These brown patches of damaged grass can become larger and larger as the caterpillars spread out, looking for more food. It can quickly become out of control, and a professional lawn care expert is the only one who can handle this problem.
- Fungus: The signs of a fungus problem are varied and the cause is generally too much water. Sometimes you may notice a few spots on individual blades of grass or leaves, or there may be random patches of dull brown or gray scattered over areas of the lawn.
At Apex, we care about our customers and their satisfaction. We pride ourselves on keeping your grass healthy, beautiful, and free of weeds and damaging insects. Schedule service today with the friendly professionals at Apex Pest Control.
Our Miami-Dade/Broward County Office Service Area
- Boynton Beach
- Broward County
- Dade County
- Ft. Lauderdale
Apex Pest Control enjoys serving Miami-Dade/Broward County citizens with a variety of services including pest control, termite control, and lawn care.
Apex Pest Control has built its reputation on great customer service and dedication to client satisfaction with many of our new customers coming from client referrals. We offer free quotes and estimates, so get a quote, or call our representatives at 866-675-4070. We look forward to helping you protect your home.
FAX (561) 202-9848