Brevard County Pest Control, Termite Control & Lawn Care
Apex Pest Control, one of the most trusted pest control companies in the state of Florida, is proud to serve the Brevard County area. Apex prides itself on finding a balance between protecting homes, landscapes, and businesses from harmful and unwanted plants, insects, and animals, while also maintaining the ecosystem of the community. We provide services for pest control, termite control, and lawn care.
As a family-owned business for over two decades, Apex is proud of our reputation for high-quality and professional service. When it comes to unwanted intruders, Apex Pest Control is a reliable company that gets the job done safely and efficiently. Our employees are skillful and prepared to handle any problem that could arise in keeping your home safe from pests. Furthermore, each staff member is registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service. Pest control is a dynamic profession, and there are advancements in techniques, equipment, and technology. The Apex team is aware of any and all innovative developments, and our staff continuously strives to earn new certifications in a variety of areas related to pest control.
Brevard County Pest Control
Whether you have a condo along the coast in Satellite Beach or a thriving business in Rockledge, Apex Pest Control offers a service that will meet your needs. Homeowners have relied on Apex’s pest control expertise for 30 years, calling on the Apex team to treat new homes, existing homes, and historic homes on the Atlantic coast.
Though it has beautiful weather, Brevard County is plagued by rodents, ticks, and other unwanted pests that can invade your home at any time.
- Ants: A major pest problem faced in this area are ants. Ghost ants, white-footed ants, and big-headed ants are all prevalent and require careful treatments.
- Roaches: German cockroaches love to call your home their own. They tend to stay in areas that remain warm, moist, and humid, like kitchen sinks and bathrooms. For American cockroaches, they are large in size and love the kitchen for its food and water supply. Proper identification is key, as different species require different treatments.
- Mosquitoes: Abundant water sources might be pleasant to look at and refreshing to the touch, but they’re also magnets for mosquito activity. You should deal with nearby populations carefully but swiftly, as mosquitoes carry an annoying bite and potentially severe diseases. Apex Pest Control utilizes cutting-edge traps that offer more effective results at a reduced risk to you and the environment, as they subtly eliminate mother mosquitoes and their offspring while spreading powerful chemicals from breeding ground to breeding ground through unknowing carriers.
- Rodents: Once a mouse or rat sets up a nest in your house, they can reproduce quickly and cause all kinds of headaches. They will tear into your pantry and leave waste that puts your family at risk of disease. Different species might look similar, but their behaviors can vary. Apex Pest Control offers rodent removal services in Brevard County utilizing a versatile approach that can change depending on the type and severity
- Ticks: Moist environments invite ticks, which can quickly invade your yard and latch onto you or your pets for a hearty meal. These bloodsuckers can leave behind terrible illnesses like Lyme Disease, so it’s better to be safe than sorry if you see a few of these mites lurking in your grass. We’ll offer you tips on how to manage your property’s vegetation and we can also apply eco-friendly treatments to form repelling barriers.
- Other Invaders: Due to the high humidity in Brevard County, you will find insects invading your home time to time. Pantry pests are drawn to grain products in your kitchen. Some examples are meal moths, weevils, and various types of grain beetles.
New homes have the added advantage of installing a Pipeline™ in-home pesticide distribution system within the walls of their homes. Pipeline™ delivers pesticides throughout your home via an access port located on your home’s exterior. When professional pest control products are added through this amazing system, exterminators no longer have to coat pesticides on doorframes or floorboards to keep pests away. Even better, the pesticide application can be completed without disrupting your busy schedules; you don’t even have to be home for your home to be maintained!
Existing homes and businesses rely on the Brevard County pest control experts at Apex to control or eliminate unwanted insects and other pests from their premises. Apex maintains both the building and surrounding property to control pests. We understand the specific needs of businesses and will arrive after-hours during the week or on Saturday to ensure your customers are not disturbed during treatments. We also offer different treatment plans that will match your schedule, ensuring a safer, cleaner environment for your patrons.
Brevard County Termite Control
A home riddled with termite damage is more than unsightly; it can be structurally dangerous. Fortunately, the experts at Apex Pest Control are available to focus on your specific termite situation.
- Drywood Termites: Brevard and other nearby counties do not have many cases involving Formosan termites. However, drywood termites are predominantly found on the West Coast. On the other hand, they can be found along beaches and rivers, such as Cape Canaveral, Satellite Beach, Cocoa Beach, and Melbourne Beach. Near Old US1, the large amount of older homes present there tend to face drywood termite infestations due to their age and wood exposure.
- Subterranean Termites: Subterranean termites are the most problematic for the East Coast. The biggest misconception homeowners have about termites is that people with cinder block homes are not vulnerable to termite infestations. Unfortunately, termites can still eat baseboards, doorframes, and wall foundations.
Homes and businesses under construction will benefit from Apex’s termite pre-treatment services. An application of either AdonisTM or Termidor®, before a polyethylene barrier sheeting is added and cement is poured, will give the best possible protection for soil on any construction project. Bora-Care®, our termite protection chemical for construction, is applied after the framing is complete and before insulation is applied. By treating the soil beneath the foundation and the wood used during construction, homeowners are assured their home has the best termite protection possible, and Apex backs up their reputation with a $1 million Termite Damage warranty for homes and $5 million warranty for commercial properties.
Existing homes are also assured of termite care with Apex’s team of state-certified termite control specialists. Apex can inspect and treat any home or business, no matter the size or extent of damage, and offer preventive maintenance to thwart any infestations from occurring. Using the highest quality insecticides to protect your home or business, Apex is the company that will provide you with a proven insecticide applied on a maintenance schedule that meets your busy lifestyle.
Whether you’re a small or large business, Apex has the expertise to treat them all. We understand the needs of business owners and will not disrupt customers while treating your establishment. In fact, Apex will gladly meet with business owners after hours or on Saturdays, and we offer a guaranteed three-hour response time.
Brevard County Lawn Care
Maintaining your lawn is sometimes intimidating, especially if you experience unusual patches of yellow or brown grass. Knowing what causes these patches, whether it be insects, bacteria, or another culprit, is not easy to determine. Fortunately, the experts at Apex Pest Control can eliminate the worry in lawn care by treating existing problems and maintaining a green, healthy lawn for you all year long.
For lawn care, the most common misconception is that the fertilization should only occur during the summer months. However, living along the coast means fertilizing needs are different. The East Coast receives a substantial amount of rain in comparison to inland areas. Here are some of the things that plague the lawns of Brevard County.
- Sod Webworms: The problem sod webworms pose for lawns start during their caterpillar or larva stage. At night, sod webworm caterpillars emerge to chew blades of grass. Individual blades begin to take on a ragged appearance and are soon devoured completely, creating unsightly brown patches in the turf. These brown patches of damaged grass can become larger and larger as the caterpillars spread out, looking for more food.
- Chinch Bugs: This lawn killer loves to feed on the sap found in blades of grass. Signs of chinch bugs feasting on your lawn include small to large patches of brown and dying grass. As they are able to build resistance to pesticides, Apex is always creating new chinch bug eradicating strategies to help homeowners keep their lawns chinch-bug free.
- Fungus: Recently, Pythium fungus has been substantially growing in lawns in Florida. Dub weeds are also constantly coming up due to the extensive amount of rain the Sunshine State receives. Because fungus can easily increase if not properly treated, homeowners need to understand when the best watering times are, as well as when to seek professional help.
All of our technicians are prepared for any problem, and you will receive the same technician from the moment you schedule service until the job is done so you get a reliable technician that understands your lawn’s needs.
Your lawn changes with the seasons, with abundant growth in spring and summer and a resting stage beginning in fall and continuing through winter. Knowing the cycle of growth and rest is key to understanding when to fertilize and water, and, especially important for the winter months, when to abstain from feeding your lawn.
As the seasons change and the sun shines on different portions of your yard, insects and fungus may suddenly appear in patches that had not shown any signs of damage in weeks past. Being attuned to these changes is one of the many reasons Apex maintains its standard as the premier lawn care specialists. Apex provides more than just an emergency fix for your lawn, however. Their experts can treat your lawn monthly, quarterly, or yearly, depending on your needs. With preventive care, the patches of dead or dying grass appearing in your neighbor’s lawn will not migrate onto your property.
The insects and pests that live in your yard are prone to migrate into your home. Apex Pest Control provides barrier protection for your yard as well as your home to prevent pests from making a home out of your home. Apex’s team of lawn care technicians can treat any type of grass or sod for specific diseases and pests and ensure your lawn looks its very best.
Our Brevard County Office Service Area
- Brevard County
- Cocoa Beach
- Merritt Island
- Palm Bay
Apex serves Brevard County with a variety of services including pest control, termite control, lawn care, and commercial services. Apex also minimizes the inconvenience of multiple visits and consultations with a prevention program.
Apex Pest Control has built its reputation on great customer service and dedication to client satisfaction with many of our new customers coming from client referrals. We offer free quotes and estimates, so click here to get a quote, or call us at 866-675-4070. We look forward to helping you protect your home.