Brevard County Pest Control, Termite Control & Lawn Care
Apex Pest Control, one of the most trusted pest control companies in the state of Florida, is proud to serve the Brevard County area. Apex prides itself on finding a balance between protecting homes, landscapes, and businesses from harmful and unwanted plants, insects, and animals, while also maintaining the ecosystem of the community. We provide services in the following areas for:
As a family-owned business for over two decades, Apex is proud of our reputation for high-quality and professional service. When it comes to unwanted intruders, Apex Pest Control is a reliable company that gets the job done safely and efficiently. Our employees are skillful and prepared to handle any problem that could arise in keeping your home safe from pests. Furthermore, each staff member is registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service. Pest control is a dynamic profession, and there are advancements in techniques, equipment, and technology. The Apex team is aware of any and all innovative developments, and our staff continuously strives to earn new certifications in a variety of areas related to pest control.
Though it has beautiful weather, Brevard County is plagued by rodents, ticks, and other unwanted pests that can invade your home at any time.
- Ants: A major pest problem faced in this area are ants. Ghost ants, white-footed ants, and big-headed ants are all prevalent and require careful treatments.
- Roaches: German cockroaches love to call your home their own. They tend to stay in areas that remain warm, moist, and humid, like kitchen sinks and bathrooms. For American cockroaches, they are large in size and love the kitchen for its food and water supply. Proper identification is key, as different species require different treatments.
- Other Invaders: Due to the high humidity in Brevard County, you will find insects invading your home time to time. Pantry pests are drawn to grain products in your kitchen. Some examples are meal moths, weevils, and various types of grain beetles.
- Drywood Termites: Brevard and other nearby counties do not have many cases involving Formosan termites. However, drywood termites are predominantly found on the West Coast. On the other hand, they can be found along beaches and rivers, such as Cape Canaveral, Satellite Beach, Cocoa Beach, and Melbourne Beach. Near Old US1, the large amount of older homes present there tend to face drywood termite infestations due to their age and wood exposure.
- Subterranean Termites: Subterranean termites are the most problematic for the East Coast. The biggest misconception homeowners have about termites is that people with cinder block homes are not vulnerable to termite infestations. Unfortunately, termites can still eat baseboards, doorframes, and wall foundations.
For lawn care, the most common misconception is that the fertilization should only occur during the summer months. However, living along the coast means fertilizing needs are different. The East Coast receives a substantial amount of rain in comparison to inland areas. Here are some of the things that plague the lawns of Brevard County.
- Sod Webworms: The problem sod webworms pose for lawns start during their caterpillar or larva stage. At night, sod webworm caterpillars emerge to chew blades of grass. Individual blades begin to take on a ragged appearance and are soon devoured completely, creating unsightly brown patches in the turf. These brown patches of damaged grass can become larger and larger as the caterpillars spread out, looking for more food.
- Chinch Bugs: This lawn killer loves to feed on the sap found in blades of grass. Signs of chinch bugs feasting on your lawn include small to large patches of brown and dying grass. As they are able to build resistance to pesticides, Apex is always creating new chinch bug eradicating strategies to help homeowners keep their lawns chinch-bug free.
- Fungus: Recently, Pythium fungus has been substantially growing in lawns in Florida. Dub weeds are also constantly coming up due to the extensive amount of rain the Sunshine State receives. Because fungus can easily increase if not properly treated, homeowners need to understand when the best watering times are, as well as when to seek professional help.
All of our technicians are prepared for any problem, and you will receive the same technician from the moment you schedule service until the job is done so you get a reliable technician that understands your lawn’s needs.
Our Service Area
- Brevard County
- Cocoa Beach
- Merritt Island
- Palm Bay
Apex serves Brevard County with a variety of services including pest control, termite control, lawn care, and commercial services. Apex also minimizes the inconvenience of multiple visits and consultations with a prevention program.
Apex Pest Control has built its reputation on great customer service and dedication to client satisfaction with many of our new customers coming from client referrals. We offer free quotes and estimates, so click here to get a quote, or call us at 866-675-4070. We look forward to helping you protect your home.
FAX (321) 631-0432