Protect Your Animals from Fleas: 7 Ways You Can Help
Fleas are nasty creatures. They’re a tiny type of parasite that survives by biting and sucking the blood out of an unsuspecting host. They love the humid weather here in Florida, and that’s why people that live here have to take extra precautions to avoid becoming infested. Fleas tend to take up residence in people’s yards, and make their way into a home courtesy of a dog, cat, or other mammals.
Once inside, they can lay up to 50 eggs a day, which means they can build up their numbers very quickly. If you suspect you have fleas, don’t wait for them to multiply. Call the Orlando pest control company Apex Pest Control. Here are some things you can do to help keep an infestation from happening where you live:
- Treat your lawn and garden with a flea control product.
- Treat the perimeter of your house with a flea control product, or have a an Orlando pest control company do it for you.
- Attack fleas in all areas of the house at the same time, otherwise they will rebound.
- Treat your infected pets with a flea shampoo the minute you spot them or even signs of them.
- Vacuum your carpets and couches, etc. to remove eggs or larvae, then seal up the vacuum bag in a plastic garbage bag, and toss it in an outside garbage can.
- Wash all suspect linens, clothes, and pet bedding in very hot, soapy water.
- Start your pet on a once-a-month topical product that is normally applied on the back of the pet. Ask your vet which is best. Such products and regular application provide protection from further infestations.
If you would like more information on how to prevent fleas from coming into your house, or to request a visit by one of our Orlando pest control experts to help you get rid of an infestation, call Apex Pest Control at 866-675-4070. We can get rid of them in both your yard and home, providing ease of mind.