Pests Could Infiltrate the Party
As the sun beats down, the days grow longer, and the kids are out of school, we tend to spend some additional time outside. Whether you are grilling out, hosting a pool party, or getting together at a local park, summertime tends to be party time. As the leaders in Orlando pest control, we thought we’d provide some tips for having a pest-free celebration.
Over the years, we have grown in our knowledge of pest control, and we sure have seen the impacts pests can make immediately just with their presence at summer parties. Here are some baseline tips that can be incorporated into all types of celebrations:
- Food Inside: Even if you are having an outdoor party, trying to keep the majority of the food inside is a good idea. Pests of all type are primarily attracted to food sources; so keeping the attractant indoor is a great step.
- Clear Cups: In Florida, particularly, you never quite know what may have buzzed into your drink while you weren’t paying attention (or while you were preoccupied with the grill). And you may not know until it’s too late with cans and plastic solo cups. Drinking out of a clear cup might be a wise choice whether hosting indoors or out.
- Seal Garbage: Food leftovers becomes garbage, and both attract pests in droves. Sealing up your garbage as quickly as possible and moving it far away from where you may have a party going helps to keep interruptions from pests down.
- Clean Up: It also helps with the ease of cleanup at the end of the party if you have some things taken care of during it. A thorough cleanup of a house or backyard party will prevent future pest problems in the weeks afterward. Try to think of everything: trash, counter surfaces, and debris left in the backyard.
- Citronella: One thing you’re almost certain to encounter during an outdoor party in Florida is mosquitoes. Sprays help and long clothing is recommended… but neither may be the best choice for a pool party. Try natural citronella, either the candles or the plants themselves, for an added layer of protection.
A pest-free party is the best kind, and following a few simple steps can get you there. For a more complete evaluation, always keep in mind that the Orlando pest control experts at Apex are just a phone call away. We offer a free, no-obligation quote and will always get back to you within 24 hours.