How to Keep Your Yard Pest-Free
Having pests scattered about your lawn can do more than just ruin a picnic: they can also be dangerous and relentless. Lawns in Florida, due to our climate, are inviting to a large number of pests both foreign and domestic. Some require near constant management to keep out (like chinch bugs and fire ants), and others are simply annoying and seasonal. The key, often, is keeping up with the always expanding issues your lawn may face. This requires the most important of all resources: time. And while that may be a problem for you, it is not a problem with the Orlando pest control experts at Apex. We’ll fight the battle for you, and it is one that never ends.
However, there are some things you can do on your own in order to keep your lawn as pest-free as possible. Below is just a quick list of some ideas and things to keep in mind when trying to keep your yard pest-free:
- Biological controls: Sometimes, Mother Nature is its own best keeper. Integrated pest management (or IPM in pest control lingo) is a system of using helpful bugs to fight the unhelpful ones. Also, try organic gardening or native plant-life. Often, by using plants based within your local ecosystem, the mechanism for keeping pests out may be built in.
- Identification: This is important. Some pests can ruin your lawn quickly and should trigger an immediate call to an expert. But others may simply go about their life without really interfering with your yard and those who use it. Being able to identify the difference is vital.
- Invasive species: Non-native species of pests and plants can often be the most destructive as they commonly have no natural predator. These pests often need to be removed as quickly as possible–examples include Brazilian peppers and conehead termites.
- Weeds: An unkempt lawn is often a haven for unwanted pests and weeds. By keeping weeds and clutter to a minimum, you will be going a long way towards a pest-free lawn.
- Weather issues: Droughts, cold snaps, and floods are but a few things that can cause direct damage to your lawn. But uncommon weather conditions are often the ideal conditions for uncommon pests.
These are just a few of the many ways and things to keep in mind to help keep your yard pest-free, green, and lush all year round. It’s always a good idea to keep the Orlando pest control wizards at Apex near the top your Rolodex, as well. We have specific lawn care knowledge cultivated over 30 years of direct local contact with this vivid area. Call today 866-675-4070 for a free quote.