Coronavirus (COVID-19) Variant Transmission Precautions And Our Service
Updated July 28, 2021 at 9:00 AM
Our company is committed to safeguarding the health and safety of our customers and team. As we continue monitoring the situation of COVID-19 and Variant spread in Florida, we want to keep you informed about what Apex Pest Control is doing to prevent the spread of the virus in our communities and how we can help.
First and foremost, the pest control industry is classified in the lowest risk of businesses per OSHA, as we do not encounter groups of people in our workplace. We stringently follow the OSHA and CDC COVID-19 guidelines to keep our customers and team safe.
Secondly, as an essential service, our industry is responsible for the protection of public health, food, and property. The EPA, Dept of Health and Human Services, and Dept of Agriculture have prepared a list of significant pests, https://www.epa.gov/insect-repellents/list-pests-significant-public-health-importance most of which are controlled by the professional pest control industry. We play a vital role in protecting our nation’s public health and food supply, as well as protecting structures from demise due to wood destroying organisms.
Additionally, and by Florida rule, all of our field representatives are trained, tested, and certified in the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Technicians routinely employ the use of respirators, eye protection, gloves, shoe coverings, and clothing that conform with safety requirements established by the EPA and OSHA.
We have implemented the following additional safeguards to further protect our employees and customers:
- Our office workspaces, field equipment and vehicles are being sanitized as often as possible.
- All technicians are asked to wear disposable gloves at each appointment and dispose of them after each appointment, as well as other PPE equipment. Masks will be used inside customer homes regardless of vaccination status.
- All field and office staff are urged to continue washing their hands after each appointment.
- All staff has been instructed to stop shaking hands or making contact and to keep a safe distance from customers and each other when humanly possible.
- We have positioned all occupied clerical desks safe distances apart. Offices will not allow non-employees into their buildings. Limit the entry of field staff as well.
- Any team member who is sick, and/or tests positive — stay home and contact your manager.
- Provide exterior service if the customers do not want inside services at this time.
- CDC recommends everyone is vaccinated to prevent further outbreaks and mutations. Please take their recommendations seriously.
Apex Pest Control has liquid products that are labeled* to kill human coronavirus, as well as many other viruses. We will continue offering to all current customers as an addition to your regular scheduled service a FREE service, to apply this Virucide/Disinfectant to the high touch areas of the exterior of your home. Virologists believe that COVID-19 can live on plastic surfaces for one day and metal surfaces for three days. Until our supplies increase, we will apply NISUS DSV to your outdoor front door handles, doorbells, railings, auto door handles, fixed garage door operator, mailbox, and any other high touch surfaces we encounter as part of your recurring pest control service. Again, we will render this service for free if requested, as part of your regular scheduled service until the pandemic and recent variant outbreak is reduced. Please contact our office at 1-800-929-2847 if you would like to add the DSV application to your current service for your property at no charge.
*Apex Pest Control is performing this complimentary service as an assistive public health measure at its own cost. We make no representations verbal or written, that our application will prevent anyone from contracting sickness or disease.