Asking the Right Questions During Your Termite Inspection
If you suspect you have a termite problem or simply want to make sure you don’t, the smart thing to do is call Tampa pest control experts at Apex Pest Control to have a termite inspection conducted on your home—but how are you supposed to know which company to call and what types of questions to ask before, during or after the inspection? Finding such answers can involve a little work, like looking online at reviews, checking references or asking neighbors about who they use and whether they are happy with the results. In the meantime, below are some tips to help you figure out if a company performing an inspection is the right one for you.
One of the most important things to understand about the pest-control business is that customers don’t always get the best deal by going with whoever offers the lowest prices—usually the reason that some are able to charge less is because they either don’t have highly experienced and well-trained personnel or because they cut corners during inspections, the application and treatment. As with most things in life, better service costs more. Those who choose a low-cost company often find that their termite problem has been addressed but not solved, which means they’ll have to pay more to get the job done right.
A good way to find out if a company offering an inspection will be the right one for you is to ask the following questions:
- How will the inspection process work? How a company answers this question can reveal how hard they will work to find your problem or deal with it if termites are found.
- What is the cost associated with the inspection? Is it free? Will the company only do the inspection if they have a contract to do the job? What are your obligations?
- Will I get a written report of the findings? Writing down a description of what has been found is a way of giving the customer a means of comparing what is to be paid for versus what is received.
- Will you provide me with a proposal in writing? Companies that care about their reputation offer proposals in writing, so that there are no questions about what has to be done and how much it will cost.
- How long is the process estimated to take? Customers need to know the duration of the inspection and how long it will take to solve the problem if one is found. A good pest-control company will respect their customer’s time.
- Do you provide annual inspections? A one-time inspection offers no security for the future but annual inspections help prevent small, initial infestations from becoming big expensive ones.
Apex Pest Control is a state-certified, pest-control company–our Tampa pest control experts specialize in termite discovery and removal using the latest technology, products and methods to successfully treat brick, block, frame and metal structures for commercial and residential clients. We can find and resolve any pest problems that may occur in your home.