Apex Pest Prevention Insulation
It is a given that pest control is essential in Florida. The warm, humid climate is ideal for most insects and pests, and the battle to keep them from dwelling inside your home is often difficult. The warmth bugs crave is not necessarily what people enjoy in their living quarters, and cooling bills escalate rapidly if your home is not properly insulated.
These two Florida problems have one simple solution: Apex Pest Prevention Insulation, which uses TAP that stands for Thermal Acoustical Pest Control, is state-of-the-art, offering energy efficient blown-in insulation that kills insects all while lowering your energy consumption, saving you money on your energy bills. Even better, this product outperforms traditional forms of insulation because it is considered loose-fill cellulose insulation. Loose-filled cellulose is blown into your attic, filling the nooks and crannies rather than the standard roll-type insulation. Blown insulation coats attics and walls of newly constructed homes directly over bare lumber or can be installed over existing insulation. Here are some things to know about Apex’s Pest Prevention Insulation.
- This special insulation is comprised of 85% recycled newspaper and a natural, borate-based pest control additive. This phenomenal insulation, otherwise known as TAP has been registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency for its insect control properties and has also received the prized ENERGY STAR label.
- Nesting insects, such as ants, centipedes, crickets, earwigs, cockroaches, termites, and more, are no match for the boron-based insecticide contained in this insulation.
- Mold and mildew are prevalent in any slightly damp, dark location, such as an attic. Apex’s pest prevention insulation protects homes from mold and mildew spore development, giving you peace of mind and less chance of mold- or mildew-induced allergies or diseases.
- Acoustically, this type of insulation offers excellent noise control, reducing reverberation and external noises while keeping the crisp sounds inside your home from disturbing your neighbors.
- Because it is comprised of recycled newspaper, it would seem this insulation is more likely to be a fire hazard. In fact, the opposite is true: it actually offers fire resistance as it insulates.
- Apex’s pest prevention insulation will save you money long term in energy and pest control savings. Here is a short term tax incentive: install this effective pest prevention insulation in your home before December 31, 2016, and you will be eligible for a tax credit of up to $500.
Apex Pest Prevention Insulation, which uses TAP, can only be installed by a professional pest control company, and Apex Pest Control is proud to offer this product to its customers. Give us a call at (866) 675-4070 to learn more about the benefits of installing this type of pest preventative in your home.